Candace "SupaStar C" Wakefield
“Your character will get you further than your gift ever will. ”
— Candace Wakefield
Who is Candace Wakefield?
Candace (SupaStarC) Wakefield is a 5 X Grammy Award winning vocalist, born and raised in Inglewood, California. In April of 2018, she released her highly anticipated debut R&B/Pop album “1993 Camaro (The Journey)” which she wrote and recorded in her 1993 Camaro. Taking us on her journey through the ups and down/highs and lows of her uphill climb to success. Music Industry executives describe her voice as an “Angelic Voice” with vibrations that you can literally feel in your soul, even after the singing ends. The message is equally as impactful with uplifting lyrics that inspires dreamers to never give up. As an artist, Candace exudes a keen individuality that changes the energy around her, making people smile and feel good. Candace was born into a family of music. Her maternal grandmother, the late, great Margaret Aikens Jenkins, was a gospel singer/composer who sang with gospel group “Ladies of Song”. Jenkins sang and composed “The Only Hope We Have” a song that Gospel Legend Mahalia Jackson loved so much, she recorded and released 3 different arrangements.
Candace began her professional career singing background for Omarion, and Marques Houston. She has toured internationally as a vocalist for Nicki Minaj, Ciara and Kelly Price. She won 5 Grammy’s for her vocals on Kendrick Lamar’s hit singles “Alright” and “I". She has also worked as a vocalist for TI, JLo, Keyshia Cole, Babyface, K. Michelle, Chante Moore and many more. Candace co-wrote “Start A Fire,” “American Gold,” “Perfect Girls,” and “No Introduction” on TLC’s self- titled finale album “TLC” released in 2017 – the album was certified #1 by Billboard, independent charts. She also co-wrote “Tryna Get By” and “Body Language” on Faith Evans and Notorious BIG Collaboration Album, “The King and I”, “Afterparty”, “Pretty Girl” and “Gone” by actress/singer Rhyon Brown, Shanice’s come back single “He Won’t” and Top 40 hit single “Just my Type” by Tiana. She has worked with Nickelodeon show Little Ballers Indiana where she wrote 4 songs – including theme song “Teamwork” with legendary rapper MC Lyte. She performed at Angela Basset’s 60th birthday party and continues to perform locally, nationally, and internationally. Most recently, Candace wrote and sang background on History, Believer, Free and Holy Ghost featured on Fantasia’s newly released album, “Sketchbook”. Sketchbook debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard R&B Album Sales chart.
Bringing us new music of her own, ANYTHING is now available on all platforms.
Her motto is “Your Character Will Get You Further Than Your Gift Ever Will”
Can't Be Without You
- Grammy contender for debut album, "1993 Camaro (The Journey)"
- Nicki Minaj “Pink Friday Roman Reloaded European Tour” and “Pink Print Tour” (Background vocalist)
- Ciara “The Jackie Tour” (Background vocalist)
- 5X Grammy winner - Kendrick Lamar "Alright" and "I" (Background vocalist)
- Monica "Code Red Tour" (Opening Act)
- #1 Billboard songwriter - TLC (Album)
- BET Experience performer (2017)
- ASCAP Expo performer (2017)
- SXSW performer (2016, 2017, 2019)
- Publishing deal (2015)
- Grammy contender for single, "Can't Help It"
- AI 20th Anniversary tour of Japan (Background vocalist)
- Oprah's 2020 Vision Daybreaker -San Francisco performer
- #1 Billboard songwriter - Fantasia - Sketchbook
- Recorded with Babyface - The Bobby Brown Story Movie (Background vocalist)
- Recorded with Babyface - Sandy Wexler Movie (Background vocalist)
“Music is healing, what are you singing to the people? ”
— Candace Wakefield